Butterfly Pea Powder or Flower in Large Quantity.
In this pro range, we offer Butterfly-Pea extract for industries and dried flowers generally used for the elaboration of blue tea by tea houses. If you are wondering about the price of wholesale butterfly peas, you are in the right place. This is how our offer for the wholesale purchase of Clitoria-Ternatea details.
- Flowers of Clitoria-Ternatea dried in vacuum pack of 1 kg, the price is inclusive of VAT, Delivery included from France, 3 to 5 days.
- Dried Clitoria-Ternatea flowers in box of 1 * 17 kg, the Price is HT, Delivery included from Thailand, 7 to 15 days. Incoterm DDU, Payment of taxes, 5.5% on delivery by the customer.
- Powder or extract of Clitoria-Ternatea in package of 1 kg, the Price is TTC, Delivery included from France, 3 to 5 days.
- Powder or extract of Clitoria-Ternatea in box of 1 * 17 kg, the Price is HT, Delivery included from Thailand, 7 to 15 days. Incoterm DDU, Payment of taxes, 5.5% on delivery by the customer.
What to know about Butterfly Pea Powder?
Our extract has all the qualities of a concentrated Butterfly Pea flower infusion. Our powder is obtained by dry spraying or “spray drying” in English. This is a natural method commonly used to produce milk or egg powder. This is also the most common process for extracting butterfly pea powder.
Our extract is Butterfly Pea infusion or tea that is filtered to remove solid residue. Then the solution is concentrated to remove most of the water. This concentrate is then sprayed into a special drying tower where hot air is blown to dry the suspended particles and form a fine bluish purple powder.
The extract powder obtained by this method can be used in a variety of food applications.
Are Butterfly Pea flowers organic?
For those who know how to grow butterfly peas, there is no doubt that this plant from Southeast Asia does not need any fertilizer or phytosanitary products. It is an herbaceous, evergreen, perennial plant of the family
which is very robust and tends to invade its natural environment. What makes Butterfly-Pea so valuable is the hand-picking of the flowers, the drying, sorting and all the manual operations involved, as well as the transport.
Please note that our flowers leave our premises empty to improve their conservation, to reduce the volume and thus the transport costs. It often happens that the packaging suffers a little during transport and that air penetrates the packaging. Don’t worry, dried flowers can be stored for more than 12 months in dry air.
What does the Blue Buttefly-Pea taste like?
It is a plant rich in antioxidant which is used for its coloring power on food. Its taste is reminiscent of peas (green). It is very delicate and has a slightly herbaceous flavor, with floral and earthy notes. Depending on its concentration, some will say that its taste is only slightly present. Blue Butterfly Pea tea is often garnished with lemon, as the reaction with acidity turns its blue to pinkish purple. It can add a magical touch.
Butterfly Pea Warning:
- The Butterfly Pea flower has been consumed without notorious side effects as a food coloring for a very long time in Asia. It is considered a traditional food and its use has been approved by the Thai FDA as a beverage and food coloring. In the USA, the FDA has approved it as a food coloring and tolerates its use as a tea. In Europe, it is tolerated but still considered as a novel product and is currently under review by EFSA
- Pregnant women: Consumption of Clitoria-Ternatea ingestible product during pregnancy could result in adverse effects. In the absence of sufficient hindsight and as a safety measure, it is strongly advised against using Butterfly-Pea during this period.
- Overconsumption: in case of excessive consumption, some people may be prone to diarrhea. In this case, stop all consumption and if it persists, seek medical advice.