Butterfly Pea Powder.
Also called Blue Matcha, Clitoria-Ternatea powder is a powder, which when wet, becomes an intense blue color. Obtained from the flowers of the butterfly pea, its taste is subtle. It is the new trendy ingredient in Europe. However, in Asia, it has been used for centuries and many Asian recipes are based on Butterfly Pea. Surprise your guests with vibrant colors and delicate flavors.
- For the dried flowers of Butterfly Pea at the retail, Click HERE.
- For Butterfly Pea Flower or Powder wholesale, Click HERE.
What are the advantages of using butterfly pea powder over flowers?
Butterfly pea powder offers several practical and economical advantages over butterfly pea flowers. Butterfly pea powder can be stored for several months in an airtight container, making it more convenient to store than butterfly pea flowers. You can make smoothies, sauces, desserts and even cocktails. Butterfly pea flowers are usually used for decoration or as a garnish and are not as versatile as powder.
Butterfly pea powder, a natural, economical and easy-to-cook ingredient.
Butterfly pea powder can be more cost effective than butterfly pea flowers. It is a concentrated extract and a small amount of powder can give a beautiful color and distinct flavor to a recipe. Butterfly pea flowers are often more expensive and require a larger quantity to achieve the same effect.
Clitoria Ternatea powder is easy to use in recipes. It can be mixed directly into pancake batter, yoghurt or smoothies.
Description of our Butterfly Pea powder :
- From naturally grown flowers, without pesticides or fertilizers.
- Use: Blue food coloring, Tea, Herbal tea and Infusion.
- Changes color according to the PH.
- Taste : Very light taste of Pea, pleasant in mouth.
- Extraction process: Dry Spay.
- To be consumed hot or cold.
- Powder color: Violet.
- Rehydrated color : Prussian Blue
- Miscible in water.
- Caffeine free.
- Characteristic: Important source of antioxidant.
- Packaging: Kraft zip-lock bag.
Butterfly Pea Warning:
- The Butterfly Pea flower has been consumed without notorious side effects as a food coloring for a very long time in Asia. It is considered a traditional food and its use has been approved by the Thai FDA as a beverage and food coloring. In the USA, the FDA has approved it as a food coloring and tolerates its use as a tea. In Europe, it is tolerated but still considered as a novel product and is currently under review by EFSA
- Pregnant women: Consumption of Clitoria-Ternatea ingestible product during pregnancy could result in adverse effects. In the absence of sufficient hindsight and as a safety measure, it is strongly advised against using Butterfly-Pea during this period.
- Overconsumption: in case of excessive consumption, some people may be prone to diarrhea. In this case, stop all consumption and if it persists, seek medical advice.